She generously awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks Lili! She was awarded herself, answered 11 questions and then she picks 5 more blogs and comes up with her own questions they have to answer. FUN! She picked some really good ones...
1. What is you favorite film from the Silver Screen Era?
I've been saving this for one of my Cinemanic Mondays but I have to say City Lights is my favorite film of this era. It's beautiful! This was the first Charlie Chaplin movie I've ever seen and I've been a fan ever since. He was so funny! The fact that it's a silent film makes it timeless. He falls for a blind girl who sells flowers on the street, he makes friends with a drunk millionaire and goes through a number of odd jobs including a circus janitor and amateur boxer.
|Me as Charlie for Halloween one year. I think I was 18. :)|
2. What is the number one thing you can't live without from your closet and why?
I only have a handful of cardigans but I would love to have an assortment in every color of the rainbow. They're so warm and comfy and I layer almost every outfit I wear. Even in the sweltering heat of Texas summers. I'm already adding some essentials to my Zara and Madewell wish lists. :)
3. Who is your most influential style icon from the past and from today?
This is a tough one. There are a few that I really really liked from the past but Maria Schneider in Last Tango in Paris was always one of my faves.
Okay, Maria in general. :)
As for "today", Kate Moss has always been a personal favorite. Minus all that damn fur of course. :)
|If only it were faux. Dammit Kate! Think of the little cuties. :(|
4. What is your guilty pleasure? Gossip Girl
|Photos by Terry Richardson for Rolling Stone|
I love this show but it drives me crazy. The story lines are completely absurd and ridiculous... at times. It's 75% drama, 20% amazing fashion and 5% good music. It's a soap opera for pre-teens. The characters piss me off half the time. Especially Nate! He should have been killed off long ago. Poor Chace Crawford. His acting skills are seriously lacking. Dan is super annoying. The show wised up and kicked off Vanessa and Jenny. Chuck's lame Batman way of talking was pretty annoying but he's grown on me. I quite like his character now. I just wish they would have let the boy be British. There is nothing better than a British accent on a cute boy.
THIS is why I watch the show. I just love these girls. :)
5. What is your current obsession? Well, I've been going a little nuts with Instagram and Draw Something lately.
But I'm about to get crazy with some serious sewing soon. My second class at the Stitch Lab is this weekend! I'm super excited!! I'll be learning how to make oilcloth zippered bags by Miss Niku.
After that class, my living room is going to turn into a zippered bag machine. Thread and scrap fabric will be flying. Christmas presents!! On Cyber Monday, I took advantage of Craftsy.com 's 50% off sale and bought some online classes. I can't wait to start!!!
6. What is your most prized possession and how did you come about it?
My Gwen Stefani autograph!!! I told the story on a previous post. Best day of my life.
7. What famous person from the past or present do you think you look like?
I haven't found anyone that I think I really look like. I don't hear it from other people very often either. The most recent comparison was made by my friend Leslie. I post this picture on Instagram.
She said I looked like a mix of Gina Gershon and Mariska Hargitay.
What do you think?
8. If you had one more day to live, how would you spend it? What would you do?
I'd like to think that I would accept this news with mature poise but in actuality, I'd probably spend the first 2 hours balling my eyes out while clutching James and Ollie and then the next 3 minutes after that cursing myself for wasting precious time. There's wouldn't be anytime for traveling so I'd stay close to home. I'd call my mother and sister, tell them I love them and say our goodbyes. I'd go through all my crap and get rid of all the embarrassing shit I pray noone will ever find. I would make a video post on my blog saying goodbye. Short and sweet. Maybe some instructions for my funeral. "Donate my organs, I want to be buried in a pretty cemetery and just play terribly sad music at my funeral on repeat. Radiohead's In Rainbows is good." Then I'd link that post on FB saying "Sayonara". After that, I'd just spend the day with James. We could take Ollie to the park. He'd better let me win a game of Scrabble. Finally watch Welcome to the Dollhouse together. He still hasn't seen it! Then we could grill some steaks outside, have a glass of wine and make love all night long. That would be the perfect day.
9. Are you a pet lover? If so, do you have any pets?
Hell yes! My sweet little Ollie. I'm so obsessed with this little guy. Every day he makes me laugh. I still can't believe how freaking cute he is! Just look at him.
10. If you could go back in time, where/when would you go and why?
This is a hard one! I can't think of anything that has historical significance so I'd probably travel for pleasure . I'd go back to the Studio 54 hey days and become best friends with Bianca Jagger. She always knew how to make an entrance. We'd drink bubbly, hang out with Mick and Andy Warhol, dance the night away to the best music of all time and I would try really hard not to take any drugs. No promises.
11. Who would you like to go out to lunch with from the blogging world?
Miss Marcy from Oona Balloona
I love this woman's blog. She is so classy and intelligent and looks like a lot of fun. We would have to find an awesome restaurant with a view and privacy because we'd be laughing really loud and annoy the other patrons. We'd talk about her upcoming sewing projects and acting gigs. Can we actually do this sometime Miss Marcy? My treat. :)
If you are given the award:
1. Link and follower the blogger who awarded you.
2. Blog about the award.
3. Give the award to 5 other bloggers, preferably with less than 200 followers.
4. Answer the 11 questions I ask and give 11 of your own to the bloggers you award.
Here are my 5 picks:
Dominique at Howie and the Hamiltons
Taylor at Nothing but a Pigeon
Becks at Fabulous Junk
Jillian at Epic Thread
Brigitte at 100 Cups of Tea and a Cupcake
My 11 Questions:
1. If you could be any character in a film, who would you be and why?
2. If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life (a Forever Uniform), what would it be?
3. Why did you decide to start blogging?
4. What would be on the menu for your last meal?
5. How would you spend your perfect day?
6. If you could take a one day class to learn about anything, what would it be?
7. What is the ultimate super power, and how would you use it?
8. Name the person who's closet you would most like to raid? Real or fiction, dead or alive.
9. What's Number 1 on your bucket list?
10. What album can you listen to over and over and never get tired of?
11. What are your top five beauty products and why?
Have fun and please let me know when your posts go live. :D